The key to finding the right home is organization. Here are some tips to help you get started.
- Before you start house-hunting, decide out how much house you can afford. I will refer you to a loan officer to pre-qualify you for your home. To see how much home you are able to afford, or review my mortgage calculator section.
- Prioritize what is most important and what is least important in a home. Make a list of everything you want in a home. I will go over your list, so I know exactly what you need in your home.
- Make notes as you look at the home. Some people even take along tape recorders and/or video cameras to remember which features go to which home.
- When you do choose a home, make sure the home is structurally sound. I will refer you to an extremely thorough home inspector. The inspector will look for large repairs that are needed and report on the condition of the home.
- Once you’ve found the home you want to buy, together we will complete a purchase and sale agreement. This is the contract in which the seller and the buyer outline the details of the property transfer.
- A closing date is jointly agreed-upon during the negotiation stage of the transaction. Before closing, the Escrow company will complete a thorough settlement statement for both buyer and seller.